Tuesday 28 August 2012

Evaluation of Music Video Analysis

Through analysing music videos that reflect the style I hope to use which includes both narrative and performance sections, I have gained a better understanding of the combination of shots used and the ratio of performance and narrative shots. I have also seen how both the narrative and performance can be presented in the same shots which still allows us to understand the synopsis whilst the video is still performance led (shown by the video for 'Small Bump' - Ed Sheeran). I have also gained an understanding of the types of shots and the placing of shots in music videos that illustrate and amplify the song lyrics and this will benefit me when I make my video as this is the style of video I want to make. When analysing the 3 music videos, I also gained knowlegde over the length of shots and how the videos have been put together to make sure that they are watched repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment