Saturday 24 November 2012

Magazine Advert Final Edit



This is my final edit of my Magazine Advert to advertise the album. I made minor adjustments to the design, following the advice given to me through feedback on my first draft design.

Firstly I lightened the background image slightly, as on my first draft the image was a little dark and therefore the font used for the artist name didn't really stand out as well from the poster. I really liked the font I had chosen so didn't really want to change it, so to help it stand out even more I darkened the text so that it stood out more. I tried changing the colour of the font to reflect the colour from the roses at the bottom of the advert but didnt like the results, so left the text black. I also changed the size and positioning of the album title text. This is because it overlapped part of the thumbs in the background image and again this didn't allow the text to jump out as part of it was overlapping a dark image. I made the text slightly smaller and then moved it down slightly so that is was positioned over the white area of the background image.

After looking back at the magazine adverts I had analysed and reading peoples feedback, someone had commented on the fact that there wasn't any websites added to the poster. Using a small white font, (the same as the one used for the reviews), I added in a website for the artist and also a website for the record label. Some people had also said that in the top left corner it looked slightly blank and off balance, as my advert had some aspects of symmetry, and suggested that I add something to that top corner. I added another record label logo in that corner to balance out the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment