Tuesday 11 September 2012

Evaluation of Digipak Analysis

The process of evaluating digipaks has been extremely beneficial to me, as I have gained a better understanding of the different aspects included (e.g. images, text, font, how they house the CD or Booklet etc.). I also found looking at digipaks with different numbers of sides also beneficial as this gave me ideas on how a digipak is made interesting and attractive to the target audience but how it also links to the band/artist and the music genre. For example the Evanescence digipak reflects the heavy rock genre through the use of the graphics (e.g. the thorns and font style and how the two are integrated together). Overall I have a better understanding of the use of digipaks and how some of the sides appear as wallets to hold the CD's and booklets or contain a plastic case to hold the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment