Friday 12 October 2012

Editing the first draft - Part 2

In my next 2 hour long lesson, I continued making sure that all the shots were in time with the song and managed to finish this stage of the editing process. During this, I had to look at altering the speed/duration of some of the clips. I had originally decided that most of the narrative shots would be in slow motion, and also that the tracking shot used at the start would be in slow motion.


During the third verse of the song, the lyrics say 'I got sent away..' and this gave me the idea of the actor fading from the shot. To do this I had to film the actor in the shot and then the same shot without the actor. I then placed these in the same place on the time line, except one of the footage clips had to be placed in the video 2 section of the time line. On this clip, I then added an additive dissolve which made this clip fade out and therefore resulted in the actor fading out the shot.


I then decided that in some places of the video, the clips lasted for too long and normally music videos constantly cut between shots. I got a few of the narrative performance clips and edited them in so that it was more fast paced, but made sure that my music video was still performance led.

No comments:

Post a Comment