Friday 12 October 2012

Editing the first draft - Part 1

On the first editing session, I opened the track in the Adobe Premiere Pro software and as the track lasted for over 4 minutes, I decided to cut it down in length. I removed around 20 - 30 seconds of the instrumental at the end of the track. As I had to cut the middle of the instrumental I thought I would struggle to get the two remaining sections to line up so that it wasn't noticeable. Luckily it only took a few attempts. I then went on to  put all the individual clips of footage in the right order on the time line. This took me 2 hours in total, because I had to work out the order using my storyboard. I had also decided to repeat some shots and added in a few extra shots in some places.

In the next editing session, I went on to line up the clips with the track. This involved making sure the lip-syncing was in time with the singer on the track. I managed to work through a third of the track in the hour long lesson. As I went along each clip I made sure that the sound from the footage was muted so that only the track could be heard playing alongside the footage.










No comments:

Post a Comment